Taste of the Beach Recipe
Station Beach would like to share some recipe ideas for you to shake up your favourite dishes and try out our fantastic premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil and unique products from our store. Today’s feature is the recent Tik Tok sensation – Baked Feta Pasta. But because we can never just do it the same, we’ve shaken it up a bit!
Baked Feta Pasta
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 sweet onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 5 tablespoons Station Beach Tuscan Herb Olive Oil (divided) *
- 3 pints cherry tomatoes
- 400 gram container Feta cheese
- 500 gram dried pasta – Farfalle or Rotini
- 3 cups spinach
- 2 tablespoons Station Beach Meyer Lemon Olive Oil*
- Station Beach Tuscan Sea Salt, pepper, dried basil (fresh if you can find it)
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese for serving
- Pre-heat oven to 400 F
- In a medium bowl, mix the red peppers, onion, garlic in 2 tbsp. Tuscan Herb Olive Oil* and sprinkle with salt & pepper. Roast in oven for 10 minutes.
- Toss tomatoes in bowl with salt, pepper, basil and 2 tbsp. Tuscan Herb Olive Oil*
- Remove pepper mix from oven and place at bottom of a baking dish. Then add feta to center and tomatoes all around. Top with remaining 1 tbsp of Tuscan Herb Olive Oil*. Bake in oven for 35-40 minutes until tomatoes have burst and feta is brown on edges
- While the feta mix is cooking prepare your pasta as usual (al dente) and set aside in a large bowl or serving dish. Toss cooked pasta lightly in some Tuscan Herb Olive Oil to keep it loose (and try not to eat it all while you wait on your Feta & Tomatoes!)
- Sauté spinach in 2 tbsp. Meyer Lemon Olive Oil* till just lightly wilted then set aside
- When feta mix is cooked, remove from oven and mash it all together. Use a potato masher or just a fork and mix well. Top pasta with this mix and add spinach.
- Serve with a sprinkle of parmesan on top
* Tuscan Herb Olive Oil & Meyer Lemon Olive Oil worked very well for this recipe, but it would be simple to adapt and change it up by using a spicy oil – like Citrus Habanero – or make it with the Garlic Olive Oil for that extra garlicky taste. The recipe could easily also include chicken which would be sensational marinated in your favourite flavoured Olive Oil then baked and added on top of the pasta. This easy recipe is sure to be a crowd pleaser!
This recipe was adapted from Simply Scratch Baked Feta Pasta