Taste of the Beach Recipe
Station Beach would like to share some recipe ideas for you to shake up your favourite dishes and try out our fantastic premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil & Balsamic Vinegar and unique products from our store. Thank you to Chef Sarah Dunstan for this creation!
For the dough:
- 1 ¾ cups Warm Water
- 3 tsp Active Dry Yeast
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 5 cups All-Purpose Flour, Plus Additional For Kneading
- 1 tbsp Kosher Salt, Plus Coarse Sea Salt, For Sprinkling
- 1 cup Station Beach Arbequina Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Divided
- 1 quarter-sheet baking pan 9×13 inch
- Combine the warm water, yeast and sugar in a small bowl. Put the bowl in a warm, not hot or cool, place until the yeast is bubbling and aromatic, at least 15 minutes.
- In the bowl of a mixer fitted with a dough hook, combine the flour, 1 tablespoon of kosher salt, 1/2 cup olive oil and the yeast mixture on low speed. Once the dough has come together, continue to knead for 5 to 6 minutes on a medium speed until it becomes smooth and soft. Give it a sprinkle of flour if the dough is really sticky and tacky.
- Transfer the dough to a clean, lightly floured surface, then knead it by hand 1 or 2 times. Again, give it another sprinkle of flour if the dough is really sticky and tacky.
- Coat the inside of the mixer bowl lightly with olive oil and return the dough to the bowl. Cover it with plastic wrap and put it in a warm place until the dough has doubled in size, at least 1 hour.
- Coat pan with the remaining 1/2 cup olive oil. Put the dough onto the pan and begin pressing it out to fit the size of the pan. Turn the dough over to coat the other side with the olive oil. Continue to stretch the dough to fit the pan. As you are doing so, spread your fingers out and make finger holes all the way through the dough.
Station Beach products in this recipe…
~ Arbequina Olive Oil
Share your pics to our social media!