Taste of the Beach Recipe
Station Beach would like to share some recipe ideas for you to shake up your favourite dishes and try out our fantastic premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil & Balsamic Vinegar and unique products from our store. Thank you to Chef Sarah Dunstan for this creation!
Olive Oil Cake with Pineapple Balsamic
- 1 cup All-purpose Flour
- ½ cup Blanched or Natural Almond Flour
- 1 ½ cup Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 3pc Large Eggs
- ¾ cup Granulated Sugar
- ½ cups plus 1 Tbsp. Station Beach Kincardine Arbequina Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ tsp Vanilla
- ¾ cup Water
- ¼ cup Station Beach Kincardine Pineapple Flavoured White Balsamic Vinegar
- ½ cup Granulated Sugar
- ¼ cup Water
- ¼ cup Station Beach Pineapple White Balsamic Vinegar
Olive Oil Cake
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a 9-inch round cake pan or spring form pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, almond flour, baking powder and salt to thoroughly combine them and set aside.
- Crack the eggs into a large mixing bowl and whisk them lightly to break up the yolks. Add the sugar to the bowl and whisk in thoroughly for about 30 seconds. Add the olive oil and whisk until the mixture is a bit lighter in colour and has thickened slightly, about 45 seconds. Whisk in the water and pineapple balsamic.
- Add the dry ingredients to the bowl and whisk until they are thoroughly combined; continue whisking until you have a smooth emulsified batter, about 30 more seconds.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, and bake the cake for 30 to 45 minutes, rotating the cake halfway through the cooking time to ensure even browning. The cake is done when it has begun to pull away from the sides of the pan; springs back lightly when touched, and a cake tester inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool for ten minutes in the pan, then gently remove it from the pan and allow it to cool completely on a rack.
- While the cake cools, make the simple syrup. Add the sugar, water and pineapple balsamic to a small sauce pot. Allow to simmer on medium heat until reduced to approx. half its original volume. Once reduced, set aside and to allow to cool completely.
- Once the syrup has cooled, brush on cake with pastry brush and let soak in.
- Serve cake with sweetened whipped cream or your favorite fresh fruit.
Station Beach products in this recipe…
~ Arbequina Olive Oil
~ White Pineapple Balsamic Vinegar
Share your pics to our social media!